- Ref. DN-647
- 3 bedrooms
- 200 m²
- 453,500 €
Set in the countryside between Pontivy and Guemene s/Scorff, in the commune of Guern, is this glorious group of character buildings including a manor-farmhouse dating back to 1664, nine outbuildings in various states of repair and 19 acres of grounds.
The main house dates back to 1664 and is a lovely example of what we call a “manoir-ferme” built of masoned stone and with plenty of original features. The lower section of the house is fully renovated and offers a large open plan kitchen diner with fireplace, then there are two bedrooms and a shower room above. The taller section is 90% finished and offers a lounge on the ground floor, a large room that would make a great master bedroom, a half finished ensuite bathroom, and then another large room above that could make another great bedroom. The large arched door way gives onto a room with granite paved floor and would make a great entrance hall.
To one end of the house is a small barn that houses the new wood fired central heating boiler. To the other end of the house are the walls of a 1900’ house which is big enough to make a separate unit or could be used to extend the existing accommodation.
After that in the grounds are multiple buildings in different states of repair and are as follows:
• At the entrance of the property is a group comprising of a barn with arched doorway, and two small longères with lovely stone features and built of masoned stonework. Until recently these were used as stables
• Large stone barn to the front of the main house, with corrugated roof and large arched doorway in the end wall. This is presently used as a workshop.
• A picture postcard stone cottage with eyebrow window. Once again masoned stone, but also has a concrete floor and good roof.
• Another couple of twin houses for complete renovation, one has a decent roof, the other is just the walls, but once again with lovely stonework.
• Another stone barn with out a roof, but big enough to convert.
• A smaller stone barn used as a wood store with stone well and feature stone steps
To one side of the property is a very large hangar (+/- 8500ft²) with concrete base, this has no central posts, thus could make a great indoor sand school. Or if you are not into horses a great storage area, works shop.
The property sites on just over 19 acres of land, with a stream running across one part, of which there is about 2 acres of woodland, about 2 acres around the buildings and the rest being pastures.
There are so many possibilities with this property, if you fancy a gite complex, you could make as many as 12 additional units with the existing buildings each with their own private garden areas. Or it would make a great equestrian property, besides the actual property itself, it is in an area with tonnes of woodland and farm tracks for outriding. Even if you don’t wish to convert all the buildings, there is enough stone there to make this somewhere really special, with out forgetting the possibility of selling some of the buildings off if you think the project is too big.